I had often heard the phrase that the grass is always greener on the other side. And needless to say, its pretty true as well. No matter how much we have, how many facilities we are endowed with, we will always feel that it would have been much better if we were even half as blessed as the person in front of us.
Alright, i know m being a bit philosphical here but like, we, as humans, are we ever satisfied with what we have?
the answer is NO.
here is a simple thought which i came across somewhere, which stirred me completely. The simplicity with which it expressed human nature yet commented on the insatiable human greed was hard-hitting.
heres how it goes
- we have bigger houses, but smaller families
- more conveniences, but less time
- we have more knowledge, but less judgements
- more experts but more problems
- more medicines but less health
- we have been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbour
- we build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but have less communication
- we have become long on quantity, but short on quality
- these are times of fast foods but less digestion
- tall men but short character
- steep profits but shallow relationships
- IT is a time when there is much in the window, but nothing in the room!!!